This Peach Ice Cream is naturally dairy-free and can be whipped up in just minutes, when you start with frozen peaches. It’s a quick & refreshing summer treat!
This peach ice cream was inspired by a peach farm my family used to visit when we lived in Georgia. After collecting some freshly picked peaches, my parents would treat us to their house-made peach ice cream, and it was, by far, my favorite part of the whole visit.
While my recipe doesn’t taste exactly like the farm-fresh version, it does get bonus points for being incredibly fast to prepare. It’s ready to eat in just minutes!
Why You’ll Love It
- It’s a healthy dessert. This peach ice cream is naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and you don’t need much, since the peaches are sweet already. It also skips the heavy cream and refined sugar found in most ice cream recipes.
- It’s dairy-free. If you don’t tolerate milk products well, this ice cream is for you.
- It’s vegan & Paleo friendly. Perfect for those following a special diet!
- It’s fast. You can’t make ice cream any faster than this. It’s ready to eat straight from the food processor, in just about 5 minutes.
- It’s flexible. Don’t have coconut milk on hand? You can use another type of milk (dairy or non-dairy!), and you can even use a different variety of fruit, if you’d like! Water even works, instead of milk, for a fruit sorbet, instead.
How to Make Peach Ice Cream
1. Combine the ingredients. You’ll need to add frozen peaches, coconut milk, and maple syrup to a large food processor (I use a 12-cup model).
2. Process. Let the food processor run until the peaches are totally broken down and creamy, about 2 minutes or so. Stop and scrape down the sides, as needed, to keep everything blending smoothly.
Taste the mixture, and add a squeeze of lemon juice if you’d like to brighten up the flavor. (This will vary based on the flavor of the peaches each time.)
3. Enjoy! You can serve this right away, for an “instant” soft serve ice cream. Or, transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for 2 to 4 hours, for a more scoop-able consistency.
This ice cream will freeze solid if you store it in the freezer overnight, so be sure to let it soften up at room temperature for 15 minutes or so, before serving again.
You can store homemade ice cream in the freezer for up to 3 months, but I bet you’ll eat it all before then!
Instant Peach Ice Cream
All you need is 4 simple ingredients to make this Peach Ice Cream! No ice cream required, and it’s dairy-free, naturally sweetened, and ready to eat in just minutes.
- 16 ounces frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, add the frozen peaches, coconut milk, and maple syrup. Process until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides, if necessary. Taste the ice cream, and add the lemon juice if you need to brighten up the flavor. (This isn’t always necessary, depeding on how the peaches taste.)
Serve the ice cream right away for a soft serve consistency, or transfer it to an airtight container in the freezer to freeze for 2 to 4 hours. This will give you a more scoop-able consistency.
The peach ice cream can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. It will freeze very solid overnight, so to serve again, be sure to let it sit at room temperature for at least 15 mintues to help it soften up.
If you don’t need a vegan recipe, you can replace the maple syrup with 3 tablespoons of honey instead. Use water instead of coconut milk for a peach sorbet.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 247IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
Update Note: This recipe was updated in August 2021 to be vegan, with new photos. The original recipe called for 3 tablespoons of honey, and I replaced that with a 1/4 cup of maple syrup instead. The rest of the recipe hasn’t changed.
If you try this Peach Ice Cream, please leave a comment below letting me know how you like it. And if you make any changes, I’d love to hear about those, too!
Reader Feedback: Which ice cream flavor would you like to see next?