(as of Sep 25, 2021 05:46:56 UTC – Details)
World Music: A Global Journey, Fifth Edition, explores the diversity of musical expression around the world, taking students across the globe to experience cultural traditions that challenge the ear, the mind, and the spirit. It surveys world music within a systematic study of the world’s major cultures, supported by a strong pedagogical framework. Providing historical and cultural overviews of the world’s seven continents, and fortified by in-depth studies of varied musical traditions, World Music: A Global Journey is known for its student-friendly approach and lively visits to “sites” that host musics of the world. The robust companion website with audio is ideal for online coursework.
- Easy-to-follow proven chapter structure, organized by geographic region
- Listening Guides, detailed maps, and hundreds of colorful photos, with more than two dozen new images
- Coverage of an eclectic blend of world musics, including both popular and traditional music
- New “Inside Look” entries spotlight distinguished ethnomusicologists and musicians, such as Patricia Shehan-Campbell, Oleg Kruglyakov, Chan E. Park, Vivek Virani, and Mia Gormandy
- New “Musical Markers” feature that summarizes key musical elements of each audio example
- New site visiting Georgia, a new “Explore More” feature focused on Slovenian Polka, a new track for North Indian Raga with sitar, and much more
- New streamed music delivery! Hosted on the book’s dedicated website
- Audiobook―extra value! Presented by chapter on the book website
Used in classrooms around the globe, World Music: A Global Journey, Fifth Edition, is an internationally acclaimed and best-selling fundamental resource for students and instructors to begin their exploration of world music and culture.
Publisher:Routledge; 5th edition (October 21, 2020)
Item Weight:3.3 pounds
Dimensions:8 x 10 inches